Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Review Week 15: Writing


Writing is a huge part of this class, but I never felt like the amount of writing required was unreasonable. My least favorite writing assignments for this class would probably be the weekly storytelling assignments. Sometimes I struggled with how to retell stories for certain units and these assignments took me a lot longer than necessary. Other than that, I generally liked the writing assignments.

I chose to do a storybook as my end of semester project and I'm satisfied with my choice. Personally, I felt a storybook would require more from me and push me harder, but I also think I got more out of it. Because storybook assignments were broken down week by week, I think doing a storybook is very manageable. I also appreciated the fact that we received comments from you on every story we added to our storybook!

I do think this class helped improve my writing. If nothing else, this class made me more confident in my writing. I know writing will be important in my future career. I don't see myself doing a whole lot of fiction writing, but you never know!

I included some advice in my reading review post, but I can say a little more here. This was the first online class I'd taken through OU, so I had no idea what to expect. I consider myself to be pretty good at time management, but I was still intimidated by all of the assignments. I would advise students to try to work ahead if possible. Also, don't worry if you have a busy week where you miss some assignments. There will be ample opportunity for you to make up points through extra credit and so on. Don't be afraid to ask questions and be sure to take this class seriously even though there are no assigned meeting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment