Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Review Week 15: Reading


I think the organization of this class was superb! Everything was laid out clearly and the class was designed in a way that allowed students to have complete control over their grades. I liked almost every one of the reading units I chose, and if I would've really hated a certain unit, I'm sure I could've found another one I would've liked. I really appreciated the number of units offered and I thought the Un-Textbook was really impressive and worked well. If anything, I might have enjoyed more reading and less commenting, but I thought the balance was fair. I understand that it's harder to measure reading assignments and commenting assignments are more concrete. I don't think an extra credit reading assignment would hurt...but at the same time, there are already several options for extra credit, so I'm not sure this is necessary.

I think the notes you provided were really helpful, but I didn't encounter any stories without notes that I couldn't understand. I also don't think more detailed introductions are necessary. The introductions provided were sufficient for me. In addition, the amount of images and the amount of different units seemed to be more than enough for me. Anthology units would be interesting. I also think anthology units might help inspire students when it came time to make decisions about their storybook topics.

My biggest piece of advice for future students would be to try to avoid becoming overwhelmed by the amount of deadlines. In my opinion, the sheer amount of deadlines makes the amount of work seem a lot worse than it actually is. Choose units you're interested in and don't worry about keeping every single little detail straight. It's easy to do well in this class if you put in the time and effort, so be sure to stay on top of everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment