Friday, September 5, 2014

Famous Last Words Week 3


It’s crazy how quickly these famous last words exercises seem to be coming along! I feel like I was writing my famous last words exercise for week two just a couple of days ago! I guess having a busy schedule makes the time pass a lot more quickly, and my schedule continues to get busier and busier.

This week, I got into the groove of the weekly assignments and felt confident in what I was supposed to do and when I was supposed to be doing it. I had some difficulty setting aside time to go through my assignments for this class, but obviously things weren’t too bad because today’s Friday and I’m already wrapping up.

I read Ovid II this week and without echoing my general review too much, I will say that I liked Ovid II more than Ovid I and I was glad I continued down the Ovid path, so to speak. That being said, I am excited to dive into a completely fresh unit in week 4…it seems like there are so many good ones to choose from!

The retelling this week was easier for me to write and I’ve noticed that I’ve started to imagine possible retellings when I’m reading stories. I think that is definitely one benefit I’m already getting from this class. It makes me read much more actively and it opens up a lot of doors for creativity.

The storybook assignment this week forced me to consider more details of my storybook, which I initially didn’t want to do. However, I know breaking aspects of the storybook project into weekly assignments will make the entire thing more doable and much less dreaded.

I also liked the internet activity this week. I guess I always found the thought of setting up a website to be very intimidating, but now I know there’s nothing to be afraid of!

(A scary computer, Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment