Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 1: Un-Textbook Choices

My strategy when selecting units was just to pick what seemed most interesting to me. I didn't really try to group things thematically. I know having notes would be beneficial to me, so the notes (or lack thereof) swayed me on a couple of my choices.

Week 2: Ovid I

I selected Ovid I because I find Greek mythology interesting and I have had some exposure to it already. I thought the stories contained in Ovid I seemed like they would be fun to read.

Week 3: Ovid II

I selected Ovid II as a continuation of Ovid I. The same previously stated reasons led me to this decision.

Week 4: Persian Fairy Tales

A lot of the Middle Eastern fairy tales sounded appealing to me, but the Persian ones had notes available.

Week 5: Twenty-Two Goblins

The summary sold me on this one because it talked about goblins and a king which made me think of Labyrinth, one of my favorite movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment