Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 1: Favorite Place

One of my favorite places has always been Lake Michigan. When you live in the Midwest, seeing any body of water is usually exciting. I have relatives who live 15 minutes away from the Michigan side of Lake Michigan and I remember spending lots of time there in summers past. I've also made my fair share of trips to the Illinois side of Lake Michigan and Chicago specifically. All of my memories are good memories and I still look forward to every visit to the beautiful Lake Michigan.

(Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline: Wikimedia Commons)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a fantastic picture, Melanie - and it really seems like we need a word in English better than lake for the VASTNESS of the great lakes. This is no Lake Thunderbird! One of the things I was really excited about in making the Un-Textbook this summer was to add some Native American stories from up north, and I found a book with stories from the Great Lakes region! So keep an eye out for that - it might be something you enjoy! Here it is at the UnTextbook:
    Myths and Legends of the Mississippi Valley and the Great Lakes
    http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/06/myth-folklore-unit-mississippi-valley.html
    :-)

    ReplyDelete