Friday, August 22, 2014

Famous Last Words Week 1


I know this class will be something I’ll really have to work to stay on top of, but I’ve enjoyed the first week and I think I’ll enjoy all the weeks to come! I think one strategy that works for me on assignments like the ones we’ve had this week is to not overthink things. On the first couple assignments, I was going way over the predicted time limit because I am often a perfectionist and I always want to make sure I’m putting my best ideas out there. However, I think in a class like this, the open structure favors creativity more than something that is completely overthought. Applying this strategy will save me time and stress, so I’m going to try to believe in my ideas and not second guess everything.

I really enjoyed reading other students’ assignments and posts this week. Reading the introductions of other people enrolled in this class made it seem more like a tangible, actual class. It was nice to realize that there are other real students going this class. This is the first online class I have ever taken, so it seemed a bit strange to me at first, but I think I’m getting a more concrete grasp on things.

My other classes should be alright. The first week is always hectic and I’m going out later this afternoon to buy textbooks. I’m not looking forward to that at all and I really appreciate the fact that I won't have to purchase a textbook for this class! I’m enrolled in 17 hours this semester, so things will be interesting, but I know I’m capable of handling it!

I’ll leave you all with a quick recommendation. Last night, I watched Bottle Rocket, the first film that Wes Anderson directed. I’m a big fan of Wes Anderson’s work and aesthetic, so I enjoyed Bottle Rocket. The plot was ridiculous at times, as can be expected from Wes Anderson. Owen and Luke Wilson star and both of them look super young. I’d recommend checking it out if you’re looking for something to watch (because we all have so much free time now that school is back in session, right?)


(Director Wes Anderson, Wikimedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment